Balancing motherhood during the holiday season can be rough. We are tasked with balancing our everyday tasks plus ALL that comes with the holidays – dinners, parties, activities, shopping, all of it!
Even though Christmas is my favorite time of year (and many of yours) it can still be incredibly stressful! Not only that but we often find ourselves in the mindset of “I have to do it all or it won’t be magical.”
Of course we want every moment during the holidays to be the best moment. But some of those moments don’t actually come from what you are doing, instead those moments are often just spending time with family. Even knowing that, I still find myself struggling to do it all so my children get to experience all the things the holidays bring and you probably do too.
How can we practically balance motherhood during the holiday season?
- Prioritize and simplify – make a list of all the fun things you want to do with your family. With that list, let your children help decide what is the most important. Narrow down your list to those things. This will help you simplify as a mom so you aren’t feeling the pressure of having to do EVERYTHING.
- Manage your schedule – if you aren’t careful your week can go from 2 things to having something every single night. Refer back to your list of things you want to prioritize and intentionally build that into your schedule. Remember, it’s ok to say no!
- Embrace imperfection – holiday season comes with a lot of comparison… leading us to a mindset that isn’t great for balancing motherhood during the holiday season. Do mindset check ins regularly. If you’re feeling the pressure to do something someone else wants you to do, ask yourself why you are feeling that way. If you are striving for perfection, you’ll be exhausted and defeated.
- Delegate what you can – ask for help! You might feel like you have to do everything but you don’t! With that being said, people can’t read your mind so make sure you are asking for that help because no one will know if you don’t ask.
These help balancing motherhood during the holiday season SO MUCH EASIER.
To make sure that you can stay in a healthy mindset it’s important to ask yourself thse 3 questions
- How am I feeling going into this week?
- What are a few things I can delegate to someone else?
- What are my non-negotiables for the week to care for myself?
This time of year is amazing. The traditions and moments together as a family have us feeling so blessed. I know it can be a balancing act with everything but a little bit of intentionality and your cup can be filled right alongside your family!
LISTEN TO THIS EPISODE NOW
If you liked this blog, here’s more for you!