Does this happen to you? You want so badly to make a change but you never start because you’re worried you won’t be successful with your fitness routine?
So many of us are scared to start something for fear that we won’t be successful. Let me remind you that you will NEVER be successful if you never start. I know, easier said than done, but it’s the truth!
During my years on this health and fitness journey I’ve learned a few things that have helped me create and ensure a successful fitness routine.
Let’s start with the things you DON’T want to do!
You don’t want just anything – that doesn’t lead to results.
- YouTube videos – yeah they are nice but also not a comprehensive way of achieving results in your fitness.
- Fad diets – non sustainable and definitely not enjoyable.
- Endless hours in the gym or running – not fun and not realistic.
So what does work? What will ensure you have a successful fitness routine?
My top 6 tips for ensuring a successful overall fitness routine:
- Set goals & create a plan (or follow one!) – without a solid plan, you’re likely to stop when the going gets tough.
- Motivation & consistency – motivation leads to consistency. When motivation withers away (and it will!) consistency is what will drive you forward.
- Balanced and sustainable nutrition – if you have to cut out a whole food group, it’s likely not balanced. If you hate what you’re eating, it’s not sustainable.
- Effective exercise – I opt for a variety so that I’m not bored and actually enjoy what I’m doing. There’s no need to spend hours in the gym or hours outside running – unless of course, you enjoy that.
- Track your progress – snap those photos and snap them often! Some of the biggest indicators of success are seen in these photos.
- Rest – it’s just as important as the rest. Without proper rest your body doesn’t have adequate recovery which leads to low energy and potentially injuries.
Do all of this together and you are set up for complete success in your fitness journey!