You should be lifting weights. No matter where you are in your health and fitness journey you should be lifting weights.
When we lift weights, we aren’t just building muscle but we are also burning fat at higher rates and for longer periods of time in comparison to just plain cardio. I know, you’re probably surprised by that.
You’ve been told for far too long that in order to burn fat, you have to do cardio. You’ve been lied to. I’m here to tell you that if you are looking to burn fat, build muscle, or just looking for more energy – PICK UP SOME WEIGHTS!
If that’s not enough to encourage you to pick up the weights during your workouts, check out these 4 reasons to incorporate strength training as part of your fitness routine:
- Help control your blood sugar levels – this can reduce your risk of diabetes by removing glucose from the blood and sending it to muscle cells to fuel them during your strength workouts and recovery
- Improves your heart health
- Strengthens your bones – this reduces your risk for so many things like falls, especially as you age
- Makes you more flexible – crazy to think, huh? Strength training increases your range of motion which allows for more flexibility and mobility
But where do you start? How do you begin strength training and do it properly and effectively so you can reap the rewards?
If you’re new to weight lifting, I have a couple of tips for you.
- Follow a plan or guide so that you know which exercises to do.
- Start with lighter weights and work your way up – this is crucial so you can maintain the integrity of your form.
- Stretch after you’ve completed your workout.
With proper nutrition and strength training – you are doing what is ELITE in the health and fitness world!
If you liked this blog, here’s more for you!
WHY ARE WHOLE FOODS IMPORTANT?: HERE
FIND BALANCE IN THE DAY TO DAY: HERE
Be the first to comment